Temporary Events Notice (TEN)

Alcohol and Extended Hours

Events at which the sale, or provision of alcohol at a ticketed event, is offered

OR where the finishing time is after 11pm

require a specific application for a Temporary Event Notice to extend the licence conditions of Garvestone & Thuxton Village Hall.

It is the responsibility of the hirer to -

  • Apply for this extension;

  • To comply with all the requirements;

  • To display the notice at the hall for the duration of the event;

  • To forward a copy of the TEN certificate to the Booking Secretary before the event.

Events that offer alcohol for sale, or where it is provided as part of a charge for attending the event need a TEN

Events where no charge for alcoholic drinks, or entry, is made, for example family parties do not need a TEN

Guidance on the need for a TEN, and the way to apply for one can be found on the Breckland Council website at -