The old hall was a pre-fabricated building that came from Narborough airfield in 1921. Known then as the Parish Rooms, the kitchen and toilets were added later, and with the help of volunteers, the hall continued to be used until December 2010.
Planning for its replacement started in 2004. A grant from Breckland Council in 2007 enabled the Trustees to purchase three acres of agricultural land behind the old hall, and the conversion of this to an open space for recreation.
On part of this land, a new bowling green and a new playing field for the school were created, while the old school playing field became the site for the new village hall. The old bowling green is now a new children’s play area.
Finally, the land exchange was completed in June 2010, and all the grant funding was secured for the new hall. Construction started in July, and the new hall was handed over in December 2010.
The old hall was demolished in one day ! External works with landscaping and pavements were completed in March 2011. The new hall was officially opened on 16th April 2011.